Sunday, March 16, 2014

Insanity of Another Kind

It's been a while, I know. Way too long, though again I'm not entirely convinced anyone actually reads this. In any case, my apologies. Things here have been crazy. Not the kind of crazy I generally write about though, more the kind of crazy where I'm trying to do well in classes while also fulfilling my responsibilities for the fellowship I'm currently doing and still making time for friends and family.

Things have been okay. I'm currently going through a bit of a rough patch, probably due to being so busy and being a bit stressed out about that, and also because I'm currently in the process of choosing a new therapist. I'm not at all pleased with this but it's not like I didn't see it coming, I've known it was going to happen for two months now. I should probably get over it soon, but it's kind of a big deal. It took me about a year to become comfortable talking to my current therapist and just as that started to happen I found out about having to switch. I'm not very good at transitions, hence the rough patch.

It's still a marked improvement on the last time I had to switch therapists, which is sad considering that I once again landed in the hospital. But this time was just a short stay and I didn't do anything destructive to necessitate hospitalization. I'm having increased trouble eating and a lot more suicidal ideation but unfortunately I'm just going to have to learn to get through stress without dealing with it through unhealthy coping strategies, and that includes learning to do so without resorting to the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I just wanted to say that I've been reading your blog for several months now (and I'm about 95% sure I exist, so there's at least a 95% chance that your blog has actual reader(s)!).
    I'm also a college student with (probably--I'm in misdiagnosis limbo right now because my psychiatrist is kind of an arrogant asshole) BPD and major depression, and I really appreciate your blog both for your insights about living as a young adult with mental illness, and because being able to read the words of someone in a similar situation to mine makes me feel a little less alone and hopeless. Thanks for what you're doing.

    Also, props to you for dealing with the transition between therapists in a healthier way than before! I know how tough that can be. Best wishes for managing all that you have going on right now.

    -crazy west coast college student

    ReplyDelete